Car Audio Fanatics - do you have a Bright Idea to make the
better? Would you like to suggest a new FAQ or an addition to the owner's manual to clarify an installation issue? If so, our New Product Development team would like to hear your feedback.
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
French Southern Territories
Heard Island and McDonald Islands
Holy See (Vatican City State)
Iran, Islamic Republic of
Isle of Man
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
Korea, Republic of
Lao People's Democratic Republic
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Micronesia, Federated States of
Northern Mariana Islands
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Martin (French part)
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
Svalbard and Jan Mayen
Syrian Arab Republic
Tanzania, United Republic of
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Wallis and Futuna
Thank you for your interest in submitting an idea or invention to Rockford Corporation ("Rockford"). Each and every year Rockford and its affiliates and subsidiaries receive a significant number of communications containing ideas and suggestions for its use. These ideas relate to new inventions, new products, product names, advertising campaigns, marketing strategies as well as other matters relating to Rockford's business. For convenience, we will refer to all types of submissions as "ideas" or "submissions."
As a company founded on providing innovative new products to its customers, Rockford greatly appreciates these submissions and the interest in Rockford and its business. However, Rockford has access to many ideas through its extensive experience, research activities, employees, independent contractors and other sources. It is, therefore, likely that any idea submitted is already known or available to Rockford. As a result, Rockford finds it necessary to set forth a uniform policy concerning submitted ideas.
Rockford wants you to protect whatever interests, if any, you may have in your submission before disclosing it to us. We cannot do that for you so you will need to do your own research and, if you choose, consult with an attorney so that you fully understand your legal rights in your submission - or more likely the lack of such rights.
At the same time, Rockford must also protect its interests and avoid misunderstandings or disputes with submitters if Rockford products, product names, advertising campaigns, or marketing strategies might appear similar to ideas or suggestions submitted to Rockford. For this reason, we will not consider any idea submitted unless the submitter follows the process outlined below and provides a signed "Submission Release." [www.rockfordfosgate.com/brightidea/]
Most ideas and suggestions submitted to Rockford are not protectible by patent, trademark, copyright or other laws and are submitted without any thought of compensation. While Rockford certainly appreciates the enthusiasm with which these ideas are given, you should understand that Rockford does not usually act on such proposals. In rare situations, the persons making the submission may have a unique product or plan that Rockford is interested in further investigating. For that reason, Rockford has created a two-tier process for idea submissions.
1) SUBMISSION FOR NON-PATENTED, NON-PATENTABLE OR UNREGISTERED IDEAS, MATERIALS, CONCEPTS, NAMES, PROGRAMS AND LIKE MATERIALS. [WWW.ROCKFORDFOSGATE.COM/BRIGHTIDEA/]
i) What's Included. This form is essentially for any ideas, materials, concepts, names, programs and like materials that are not patented, patentable or registered with a government entity charged with registering and protecting that type of material.
ii) How to Submit. All initial ideas must be submitted through either the "Bright Idea" tab on Rockford's website [www.rockfordfosgate.com/brightidea/] or by mail to:
Bright Idea Submissions
c/o Marketing & N.P.D.
600 South Rockford Drive
Tempe, Arizona 85281
iii) Submission Requirements. All submissions must be in writing and must include a signed Submission Release. [www.rockfordfosgate.com/brightidea/] The Submission Release is binding so do not sign the agreement or submit your idea if you do not understand the agreement or disagree with any part of it. The Submission Release must be signed and submitted by every person, business, or entity that helped create the idea or that may have an ownership interest in the Idea (or both) at the time the Idea is submitted.
iv) Review and Return of Materials. Rockford will review submissions from time to time on no particular schedule. You should understand Rockford is not obligating itself to review, consider or use any or all of your submission. If you provide a self addressed envelope with sufficient postage (or a return email address if the submission is purely electronic), Rockford will try to return your submission to you and inform you of whether it is interested in using your submission, but Rockford is not obligating itself to do so. Please keep a complete copy of anything you submit. Do not submit unique or one-of-a-kind materials because Rockford is not liable for their protection or safe return.
v) No Expectation of Compensation. Most importantly, unless you have a patented or patentable product, do not submit any Idea if you expect to be compensated, paid, rewarded or recognized for its use.
2. SUBMISSION FOR PATENTED, PATENTABLE INVENTIONS, COPYRIGHTED WORKS, REGISTERED TRADEMARKS, NAMES AND LIKE MATERIALS. [WWW.ROCKFORDFOSGATE.COM/BRIGHTIDEA/]
i) What's Included. Though rare, there are certain situations in which Rockford may be interested in further exploring a submitted idea. This will almost always be limited to situations involving a patented or patentable product or, in even more rare situations, for other materials protected by intellectual property laws. If Rockford is interested in pursuing discussions, a representative will contact you directly.
ii) How to Submit. All initial ideas must be registered through the "Bright Idea" tab on Rockford's website [www.rockfordfosgate.com/brightidea/] with all documentation sent by mail to:
Bright Idea Submissions
c/o Marketing & N.P.D.
600 South Rockford Drive
Tempe, Arizona 85281
iii) Submission Requirements. All submissions must be in writing and must include a signed Submission Release [www.rockfordfosgate.com/brightidea/] and a copy of any and all registrations or applications for intellectual property protection. The Submission Release is binding so do not sign the agreement or submit your idea if you do not understand the agreement or disagree with any part of it. The Submission Release must be signed and submitted by every person, business, or entity that helped create the Idea or that may have an ownership interest in the Idea (or both) at the time the Idea is submitted.
iv) Review and Return of Materials. Rockford will review submissions from time to time on no particular schedule. You should understand Rockford is not obligating itself to review, consider or use any or all of your submission. If you provide a self addressed envelope with sufficient postage (or a return email address if the submission is purely electronic), Rockford will try to return your submission to you and inform you of whether it is interested in using your submission, but Rockford is not obligating itself to do so. Please keep a complete copy of anything you submit. Do not submit prototypes or equipment of any kind during this phase. If Rockford is interested in exploring your idea, it will request any such materials from you at a later date. Rockford is not liable for the protection of or safe return of anything you submit.
v) No Expectation of Compensation. Despite the fact you believe you have a patented or patentable product or other registerable and protectible materials, Rockford, by reviewing your submission, is not in any way admitting that you have such rights or agreeing to compensate, pay, reward or recognize you for your submission. If Rockford is interested in further investigating your submission, it will contact you directly so that mutually agreeable arrangements can be made to protect both parties should negotiations for purchase or license of the submission ensue.
Download a copy of "Policy Statement."
I agree to the above terms
By signing this Submission Release ("Release"), I am agreeing unconditionally to the following:
1. I understand and agree that Rockford Corporation ("Rockford") designs, markets, sells and distributes high-performance consumer electronics products.
2. I have an idea, concept, program, name, invention, writing or other material described in Exhibit A that is not patented, not patentable and is not registered with any government entity responsible for registering the type of material I am submitting. For convenience, what I submit will be referred to in this Release as an "Idea", regardless of its content or whether there are multiple elements to my Idea.
3. I understand and agree that Rockford has access to many ideas, concepts, programs, names, inventions, writings or other materials through its extensive experience and research activities and through its employees, independent contractors and other sources. Because of that, I understand and agree that it is likely that my Idea, or something similar to it, was already known or available to Rockford prior to my submission.
4. I wish to submit my Idea to Rockford for its review, consideration and, if accepted by Rockford, use in whole or in part in connection with its business and in doing so, I fully understand, agree to and undertake all of the terms and conditions of this Release.
5. I understand and agree that:
(a) I am submitting the Idea freely, gratuitously and without expectation of compensation, payment, reward or recognition even if Rockford uses the Idea or uses something similar to my Idea. By considering a submitted Idea, Rockford does not obligate itself directly or impliedly to make any compensation, payment or reward to me or recognize me whatsoever.
(b) The materials I submit will become the property of Rockford.
(c) Rockford is free to share the Idea in whole or in part with any person, business or entity, including without limit vendors, manufacturers, marketers and advertisers, if it chooses to do so and it may do so without my permission and without any compensation, payment, reward or recognition due to me.
(d) Rockford will not hold any submitted Idea in confidence either internally within Rockford or externally with any other person, business or entity. No confidential relationship is established between me and Rockford by my submission and no such confidential relationship is implied by Rockford's review of the Idea.
(e) Rockford is not obligated to review or consider my Idea in whole or in part. Further, Rockford cannot undertake to give my Idea any special handling or to refer it to specified individuals or departments.
(f) Rockford is not obligated to incorporate or use my Idea in whole or in part.
(g) I am submitting my Idea in writing and I understand Rockford is under no obligation to return any materials to me, though Rockford may choose to do so if I provide a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage with my original submission. I understand I need to keep my original materials or a duplicate copy for my own records because Rockford does not and cannot guarantee the safe return of my materials.
(h) I understand that if any part of the Idea was created and/or is owned by any other person, business or entity, that all such parties must sign and submit this Submission Release at the time of submission and that if they do not, I will be personally liable for any claims or damages Rockford might incur as a result of my failure to ensure each has done so.
(i) I understand that if Rockford, in its sole discretion, enters into negotiations with me for the use and/or purchase of my Idea, this shall not in any way prejudice Rockford, nor shall it be deemed an admission of the protectibility of the Idea for any purpose whatsoever.
6. I represent and warrant that:
(a) No previous or present employers have any rights with respect to the submitted Idea.
(b) I am 18 years of age or older.
(c) I am a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
(d) Select One:
(i) ____ To the best of my knowledge, the Idea I have submitted is not patented, patentable or registered with any government entity responsible for registering such type of material.
(ii) ____ The Idea I have submitted is patented, patentable or registered with a government entity responsible for registering such type of material.
(e) Select One:
(i) ____ I am the sole creator of this Idea and have not incorporated any elements into the Idea that belong to any other person, business or entity. Neither the Idea itself, nor any elements of the Idea, infringe upon the rights of any person, business or entity nor does the use or submission of this Idea violate any contract rights of any person, business or entity; OR
(ii) ____ I am a joint creator and owner of this Idea and everyone who helped create this Idea and who owns any rights whatsoever in this Idea is signing and submitting a Submission Release along with mine at the time this Idea is submitted. Neither the Idea itself, nor any elements of the Idea, infringe upon the rights of any person, business or entity nor does the use or submission of this Idea violate any contract rights of any person, business or entity.
7. Once I submit my Idea, I cannot revoke this Release or any part of it unless Rockford allows me to do so in a writing signed by Rockford's authorized representative.
8. I hereby release and forever discharge Rockford and its present and future officers, directors, employees, agents, assigns, licensees and successors-in-interest, from any and all claims, damages (including without limit to general, special, compensatory, consequential, liquidated and punitive, damages) and causes of action of any kind, nature and character, known or unknown, in law or equity, fixed or contingent, which I may now have or I may ever have arising from or in any way connected with the Idea and my submission.
9. If a court of competent jurisdiction determines that any part of this Release is unenforceable, that section shall be severed from this Release and the remainder of it shall remain be in full force and effect.
10. By submitting my Idea and signing this Release, I understand that I am in no way entering a partnership or joint venture with Rockford and that I have no power to bind Rockford in any manner or to use its name, trademarks or other proprietary materials.
11. This Release shall be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona without regard to its conflicts of law principles and the federal courts residing in Maricopa County, Arizona shall have the exclusive right to hear any such disputes and I agree that such courts shall have personal jurisdiction over me.
12. This Release is binding on me and on any and all of my heirs, executors, assigns, licensees, representatives, agents or successors-in-interest.
13. I have either consulted with an attorney about my legal rights in my Idea and the consequences of submitting this Idea without the expectation of compensation, payment, reward or recognition or I have voluntarily chosen not to do so and either way I sign this Release voluntarily with full knowledge of its intent and meaning.
I sign this Release below intending to be legally bound by it and fully understanding and confirming that I am submitting this Idea without any expectation of compensation, payment, reward or recognition even if Rockford uses or appears to use the same or similar Idea in whole or in part in any manner whatsoever.
Full Legal Name
Date of Birth
Phone Number Fax Number Email
IDEA BEING SUBMITTED
[Please describe in detail the Idea you wish to submit.]
Download a copy of "Submission Release."